What you believe about yourself determines whether or not you achieve success.
I was looking back at the time when I was deciding whether or not to take the leap into the internet business, and recalled one of the nagging thoughts was whether I’d succeed. Those of you who follow this regularly would recall that I posted a blog a couple of weeks ago about the high failure rates of businesses, and how having a system in place significantly boosts success rates. If you missed that, you can read it here.
Many things were running through my mind at that time, but my 3 biggest worries, the ones that were really holding me back must have been:
1. I was not technical, and believed that there was a need to be technical to succeed in an online business;
2. I believed I was too old to learn new tricks;
3. I believed that I was too busy with work and a family to spend time doing this.
You see, I wasn’t, and sadly, still am not IT savvy, having worked in large corporates all my life. I’ve always had the luxury of someone else dealing with IT for me. To make things worse, I’ve not been “on the business end of things”, having been in a corporate support job for the last 20 years. Also, I’m at a stage of my life, where I want to spend more time with a family that’s rapidly growing up. And finally, I’d be tired after work – where would I find the time or the energy to do this?
And then it struck me. I was letting my belief that I wasn’t good enough to succeed in this business, hold me back. I recalled Denis Waitley, author of The Psychology Of Winning, writing, “It’s not what you are that holds you back, it’s what you think you are not.”
Well, I took the plunge, and honestly, haven’t looked back.
And you know what? All of these beliefs turned out to be false beliefs. And if it weren’t for that moment of clarity, I would have just let them hold me back, even though they were false.
1. As it turns out, there was no need to be technical. In our model, as there’s an established system that walks us through everything we need in a step by step manner. There’s even someone there to check that we’ve set everything up correctly before we start running our business.
2. Because a simple to follow system is in place, this “old dog” could indeed learn a new trick or two…
3. Jack Ma, founder of Alibaba.com, once said it’s what you do after 6pm that determines your destiny. And he wasn’t talking about giving up time with the family, but about giving up that Netflix series (you know the one…), in order to build something for the future. With that additional hour a day, you’d be able to secure a future for yourself and your family. And you’ll more than make up to yourself and your family, the time you spent building this online business.
You know what? If you believe you’ll succeed, you will. What’s amazing is, this system even takes care of that. We’ve seen enough students go through this to tell you when you’ll start feeling down. We tell you because awareness is half the battle won, and we’ve got the motivational coaches to speak with you to pick you up at those points, and the business coaches to work through those issues with you.
If you’ve read to this point, you’re probably ready for this. You can put in an Application, and let us tell you if you’re a good fit. If not, the application fee is fully refundable. It’s also fully refundable within 30 days after your application is accepted and you find we’re not a good fit.
If you haven’t made your mind up to take the plunge yet, here’s Stuart to tell you more.
As always, if there’s absolutely anything you want to discuss, you can reach me right here.
All the very best!